1. A bottle of Verve Cliquot, only the best for this occasion, at sunset from the California Lighthouse or anywhere else along the beaches of the west side of Aruba.|
2. Dinner on the beach at the Flying Fishbone or Passions
at the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort or on the terrace at the Sunset Grille at the Radisson- here, for more privacy, make sure you request the table on the northwest corner of the terrace. Sunset can be beautiful at any
of these locations, we prefer after dark with the tradewinds rustling through the palm trees and moon and stars overhead. But sunset from any of these locations, Passions especially, is nice as well.
3. There are many secluded spots in Arikok National Park where you can take a picnic lunch. Some of the scenery is truly breathtaking. If you are there at the right time of the year, the cactus and some other plants may be in bloom. Many of us do not get to experience "true" peace and quiet in our daily lives. You will be able to find it here. The
White Sand Dunes,
Dos Playa- if you are really ambitious, hike to the SECOND beach at Dos Playa. NO ONE will EVER know you are THERE. The
Natural Pool gets "enough" tourist traffic, but this might be a nice spot to share with your loved one. Bring a lunch, plenty of water and spend the afternoon.
4. We also think that Rogers Beach is a beautiful, beautiful spot. Sit, lay or face the direction opposite of the oil refinery and you won't know it is there. You can spend the entire day there. Less people during the week...There are times during the week where you will be the only ones there.
5. Stop for after dinner drinks at Mira Solo at the Radisson or the Lobby Bar at the Hyatt. At both of these spots you can sink into cushioned chairs and count the stars overhead while listening to live music.
6. Sunset at Dockers Pier bar at the Hyatt. There are a few pier bars along
Palm Beach, but this is the smallest (i.e., most intimate).
7. You won't be totally alone, but there is a long stretch of palapas lining the beach between the Phoenix and Westin Aruba Resort . There are rarely any people there during the week. There are also secluded areas along Eagle Beach.
8. Horseback riding at sunset...
9. A bottle of wine anytime on your balcony.
10. If you are spiritual, Alto Vista Chapel and Lourdes Grotto are spots that will move you.
11. Breakfast in bed or out on your balcony is always nice.
12. A bottle of chilled champagne along with an arrangement of tropical flowers waiting in your hotel room upon check-in.
13. At night, when you and your partner turndown your bed, surprise them with a gift certificate for a massage the following morning. Better yet, order an in-room couples massage.