Aruba Travel Tips

Aruba Bound!  Aruba Travel Tips  Canadian Government Travel Information

Canadian Entry & Exit Requirements

It is the sole prerogative of each country to determine who is allowed to enter. All countries have special requirements for persons intending to reside for extended periods (usually more than 90 days) or who plan to work, study, or engage in non-tourist activities. To obtain information on specific entry requirements, contact the nearest diplomatic or consular office of the country or countries to be visited. Conditions are subject to change.

Selling, altering, or allowing another person to use your passport is a criminal offence. It could lead to the laying of charges and imprisonment if convicted. It could also lead to the denial of future passport services.

Any adult traveling with children may be required to show evidence of parental/custodial and/or access rights. Foreign and Canadian authorities may also require evidence that the adult has the consent of the parents, legal guardian, and/or the court to travel with the children. Some countries may not permit children to enter or, in some cases, leave the country without proper documentation such as a letter of consent or a court order.

A valid Canadian passport is required for Canadians intending to visit Aruba. The passport must be valid for at least three months beyond the date of your expected departure from Aruba. If you are going to Aruba for one week or less, Canadian citizens are only required to be in possession of valid photo identification and proof of citizenship (such as a birth certificate).

Tourist Visa: Not required
Business Visa: Not required
Student Visa: Required

Special and diplomatic passport holders should verify visa requirements for this and other countries, as they may differ from those that apply to regular passport holders.

A yellow fever vaccination certificate is required from travelers arriving from infected areas.

Although same-sex marriages are legal in Canada, many countries do not recognize them. Attempting to enter as a same-sex married couple may result in refusal by local officials. For more information, contact the foreign government office accredited to Canada.

Foreign Affairs Canada’s Office of Protocol provides contact details for the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and its consulates, where you can obtain further information on entry and exit requirements.

Canada Department of Foreign Affairs: Consular Affairs Bureau

Aruba Country Travel Report: Travel Update: Consular Affairs


Emergency Contact Info
Canadian citizens outside Canada can call collect to
(613)-996-8885 (where available).

For calls originating in Canada, call
1 800 267-6788 or (613) 944-6788.

You can also communicate with via TTY by dialing
1 800 394-3472 (in Canada & the U.S.) or (613) 944-1310

Contact Operations Centre of Foreign Affairs Canada 24 hours a day directly via online form

You can also reach the Operations Centre by e-mail
Fax: (613) 943-1054

Canadian Transportation Agency

Passport Canada

FAQs on Passports Loss of Belongings
Dual Nationality Passport Services
How to obtain a Canadian Passport Passports for Children
If Your Passport is Lost or Stolen Traveling With Children
Visa Services (Canadian Citizens)

Canada Border Services Agency

Fly Smart
FAQ for Air Travellers Transport Dangerous Goods
Take Charge of Your Travel: A Guide for Persons with Disabilities

Before You Go

Traveler's Checklist Visas
Travel Counselor's Checklist Children and Travel
Pre-boarding Information Frequently Asked Questions
Passports Registration of Canadians Abroad (ROCA)

While Abroad

Drugs & Travel


Please use materials for personal use only. For other uses please contact the Webmaster. GCLV Technologies Copyright 1998- 2014 Aruba Bound! All rights reserved. Also visit us at
Blogging to Aruba   Pictures of Aruba   Weddings in Aruba   Weddings in Aruba Blog   Hoosier Kitties   Your Recipe Collection